Our Fellowship meets Sundays from 10:15 am – 12:00 noon, September through May. Our meetings are held at the Visual Arts Center, 2nd Floor, on the Nye Beach Turnaround, 777 Northwest Beach Drive, Newport, OR 97365-3565.
Our mailing address is: CCUUF, PO Box 111, Newport, Oregon, 97365-0111.
For more information, email: email@example.com
In existence since 1984, Central Coast Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (CCUUF) is affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA)(www.UUA.org) and the Pacific Northwest District of the UUA. (www.PNWD.org.)
CCUUF is a member of Oregon Unitarian Universalist Voices for Justice. (www.UUVoicesOregon.org.)
We are a Welcoming Congregation. Any person may become a member who is in sympathy with its purposes and program; it is open to all persons regardless of race, sex, or sexual orientation.
The Welcoming Congregation Program is a volunteer program for Unitarian Universalist congregations that want to take intentional steps to become more welcoming and inclusive of people with marginalized sexual orientations and gender identities.
First launched in 1990, the program grew out of an understanding that widespread
prejudices and ignorance about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer
(LGBTQ) people existed within Unitarian Universalism, which resulted in the
exclusion of LGBTQ people from our congregations.
Central Coast Unitarian Universalist Fellowship was recognized by the UUA as a Welcoming Congregation in 2012.
The Seven Principles
There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our
congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.